multi-screen fixathon

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 16:04:55 CET 2008

2008/12/10 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Michael Rudolph wrote:
>> If I'm not mistaken we're talking about explanations of some dashboard
>> features and I'm wondering whether techbase is the right place for
>> that, userbase seems to be better suited. But that's true for a lot of
>> content actually, especially in the FAQ (.../Projects/Plasma/FAQ).
>
> agreed.
>
> ok, i'll answer this in detail tomorrow then (toooo tiiiired now) and we'll
> get these things documented.
>
> thanks =)

Aaaarghh, do you realize that my religion dictates Sunday to already
be the start of the new week? On top of that I also live in one of
those timezones, you know, one of them early ones. I'm doomed, I'm
doomed. We're really running out of time, when we want to still get
this done this week. (haha, just kidding :-)

On a more serious note, I looked through userbase and techbase. I
copied all the missing paragraphs from
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/FAQ over to
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma. The only part missing is "Glossary",
but most of it is covered in userbase's general glossary
(http://userbase.kde.org/Glossary). Additionally there is
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Vocabulary and
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Plasma/Architecture on techbase,
which both seem to cover the same thing (actually all four do). That
being said, I think we can retire the FAQ for now (until we have a set
of frequently asked questions from developers). But since I haven't
written anything on it, I'd rather have someone else do it, or at
least get a green light beforehand.

Also I'm sorry for taking this thread completely off topic. Those
feeling the urge to reply to me might want to show more discipline and
do so in a new thread. Thanks.

michael