multi-screen fixathon

Hans Chen hanswchen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 20:25:03 CET 2008

OK, that makes everything much clearer.

I still don't like that both screens are zoomed out though - this 'feature'
is what made me think that activities somehow are connected. Sure, I can see
some use cases - if you have an application that covers the cashew on one
screen and want to change activity, you can zoom out from the other screen -
but it still doesn't make sense to me;

If I want to change activity on one screen, I zoom out on that screen - and
I don't want anything to happen on the other screens.

While it's true that the activities on the other screens are unchanged, it
gives an impression that something will change there too. At least it
succeeded to confuse me.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but right now it doesn't feel natural at all.
Maybe it's just me. =)

While I'm at it, I have two (slightly off topic) questions:
- Why is the Dashboard only triggered on one screen?
- Why is there no Zoom Out action in the "Dashboard menu"?

I have my suspicions but would like to hear your reasoning.

--

How do I get plasma debug output? I tried to run plasma in a terminal but it
didn't give any useful information, as far as I could see. Should I use GDB?

I just tried from a clean configuration and could still reproduce the bug.
There are some other nasty bugs, such as the disappearance of the cashew.
Those are much harder to reproduce though.

Right now I'm compiling trunk, will probably report later today.