New to list, make in applet (icon problem SOLVED)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 8 22:46:37 CET 2008

On Monday 08 December 2008, David Baron wrote:
> > >  > >
> > >  > > use KIcon.
> > >  >
> > >  > Get the same crashes. KIcon will give me more flexibility and less
> > >  > restrictions tied to resource folders, but it has to work first :-)
> > >
> > > what are the crashes? you need to give us backtraces and example code
> > > otherwise it's really hard to know what's going on ...
> >
> > The code is a simple pushButtonX->setIcon( KIcon( "nice-oxygen-icon");
> >
> > No useable backtraces. The example I posted was not from this crash.
>
> and of course, one better make sure that the set_ui (generated by the qt
> designer) is called BEFORE trying to use any of those widgets, huh :-)

hehe. yes, that's usually a good idea ;)

> So I can use icons by name rather than by file-path/resource-path.
> How might I do the same thing with the applet::svg images?

you can install the svg using something like this in your CMakeLists.txt file:

install( FILES <list of svgs> DESTINATION
${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/desktoptheme/default/<pluginname> )

and then you refer to them as "<pluginname>/<svgname>", leaving off the .svg or
.svgz extension.

humru othro a kohnu se