New to list, make in applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Dec 8 01:43:44 CET 2008

On Sunday 07 December 2008, David Baron wrote:xperimental and backports.
> > > While the code is not voluminous, it is longer than appropriate for
> > > such a posting. If the list permits inclusions, I can do so.

some things that pop out at me:

* neat idea and something that i'm sure many will find useful ...

* instead of having all those different svg's, you could put all the elements
into just one svg. more efficient all around, and probably save your applet a
few lines of code. obviously not critical =)

* lots of C like code in there, such as dealing with c strings. never fun
compared to Qt ;)

* popupPosition is probably wrong because you are calling it before setupUi is
called and so the size of the dialog is incorrect. also, if you move the
applet the position the position will be incorrect. so i'd recommend move the
popupPosition call to ToggleGUI where you show it. (well, only when it's about
to be shown, obviously; no point in moving it when it's just going to be
hidden =)

* for the crashes, try your applet in plasmoidviewer (plasmoidviewer
<pluginName>) and see if you can get a backtrace from that. note that
plasmoidviewer does store the settings, so it's a fine way to emulate "on next
login"

humru othro a kohnu se