New to list, make in applet

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Dec 7 13:08:49 CET 2008

I am building an applet to control a speakerphone modem. I have encountered
the following problems:

1. As per another post,  I cannot use icons from the qt framework. A
setIcon(QIcon.... to a qt control or setIcon(KIcon ....) is a sure crash out.
Setting Icons in the qt designer uses qPixmap routines. Where might I find
these and reference them in  a cmake?

2. popupPosition() places the widget horizontally with the applet but high up
on the screen.

3. The applet, widgt high up and sans icons, works nicely. Plasma will crash
on the next login (there is a lot of that going around, it seems). I suspect
nvidia but have no idea.

The only clue is that if I use it in the viewer, things are just fine for
quite a while and then plasma MAY crash. Here is a small part of the very
lengthy dump:

X Error: BadGC (invalid GC parameter) 13
  Major opcode: 60 (X_FreeGC)
  Resource id:  0x3a032e2
X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 179
  Extension:    156 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode: 7 (RenderFreePicture)
 Resource id:  0x3a031d1
X Error: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter) 4
  Major opcode: 54 (X_FreePixmap)
  Resource id:  0x3a031d0
X Error: RenderBadPicture (invalid Picture parameter) 179
  Extension:    156 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode: 7 (RenderFreePicture)
  Resource id:  0x3a032db

On the startup crash, no usable dump is produced.

Any ideas?