multi-screen fixathon

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net
Sat Dec 6 18:28:29 CET 2008

On December 6, 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all..
>
> we have a "healthy" number of multiscreen bugs on bugs.kde.org for plasma:
>
> http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=plasma&component=multiscreen&bug_st
>atus=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_
>severity=normal
>
> and that's with the multi-head bugs separated out! i'd like to work in the
> next week on these bugs, but i lack the hardware to test with =(

You don't have a spare monitor sitting around? Just about every graphics card
and many new mobos have two display ports.

> can we arrange some time with people who do have such hardware available to
> them to test and fix? i'm happy to throw patches at people in return for
> debug output, backtraces, descriptions of problems, etc.

Sure, I'm willing to help. I have two 21" CRTs setup with kde running on the
nvidia beta drivers. I could test on ATI (integrated HD3200) as well if I had
a DVI-D or HDMI enabled display. :(

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at strangesoft.net