Res: Review Request: This patch add an easy way to up/down brightness only scrolling on battery plasmoid top.

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 19:47:27 CET 2008

> Changing something by moving the mouse wheel over a battery is
> something I wouldn't expect.

speaking of unexpected scrolling... while I loved the scrollwheel-timezones
feature in kde3, it's pissing me off in kde4. several times now I've
accidentally scrolled into the next timezone, and not noticed for a few
hours that my clock is suddenly an hour fast.

I think the key is that in kde3, if it was showing a timezone that wasn't my
own it would show the name of the timezone, which would also make the
clock numbers a little smaller - several little cues that something had
changed and I should look closely instead of just glancing at the numbers.
:) now it only changes the numbers, and I don't see the change at all.
obviously I don't want the text "Local" wasting space in my panel all the
time (oh god, the clock is giving equal weight to both that string and the
actual time); I just want the timezone to show when it's not *my*
timezone.

the easiest way I can think of to make this behave sensibly is to make the
clock never show the timezone if it's "Local", and then turn on the "show
timezone" option. I hope nobody is obsessively attached to that "Local"
text...

and... hey! what happened to the tooltip showing all the timezones I had
selected? now the only way to know what timezones I've got is to
scrollwheel through each and wiggle my mouse to re-show the tooltip?

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com