Res: Review Request: This patch add an easy way to up/down brightness only scrolling on battery plasmoid top.

Fabrizio Montesi famontesi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 19:12:35 CET 2008

On Monday 01 December 2008 18:50:18 dantti85-dev at yahoo.com.br wrote:
> >sorry, what does moving the mouse wheel over the battery icon have to do
> > >with the brightness of my screen?
> >
> >at the very least it requires onscreen notification, but it really seems
> > >like an odd feature.
>
> I do agree, and imho it could be changed to do another thing, like changing
> power profiles WITH a on screen notification. this makes much more sense to
> me, what about that?

IMO changing a power profile is an important thing, which i'd really like to
avoid doing by mistake by rolling my mouse wheel. More importantly, a
"battery" doesn't really ring a bell for "screen brightness" and/or "power
profile". Changing something by moving the mouse wheel over a battery is
something I wouldn't expect.

What I always thought as "could be pretty" is that moving the wheel over the
brightness bar in the battery plasmoid should change its value. Now, that I
would expect and be pleased by.

If you want to scroll over anything to change the screen brightness, it should
be a light bulb. Perhaps showing a hover icon when the battery plasmoid is big
enough and then offer the wheel option over there? I wouldn't put much hope in
this option anyway... it could make the interface look heavy.

Just MHO, of course.