Dataengnies

Petri Damstén petri.damsten at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 20:53:02 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 21:24:48 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> ah, you're connecting using a timeout (which is a bit odd in this case,
> really; why would you want a regularly timed update from a command vs
> getting it's output when it arrives?)

I'm not sure if I understood this... Purpose of the executable dataengine is
that it runs a script/command and when script has finished returns data it
outputted to the applet (similar to program sensor in SuperKaramba). e.g.
applet runs some script once every hour and when script is finished shows it
output. Kind of poor mans solution to scripted dataengine but this way you can
make bash script dataengines :-)

> in any case .. this is probably due to the change i made the other day that
> doesn't immediately schedule an update if it is the first item connected.
>
> can you try the attached patch and see if that helps any?

Yes, it works now.

Petri