Dataengnies

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Wed Aug 27 18:27:01 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 17:22:36 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 August 2008, Petri Damstén wrote:
> > This was new to me :-) Converted ExecutableEngine to use custom Container
> > (attached). One problem. exec is called in constructor to start process
> > for the first time. checkForUpdate is called when process finished but
> > seems that m_queued is false and dataUpdated is not called. On second
> > exec (first updateRequested signal, which comes after first timeout) it
> > works:
>
> you probably want to do:
>
> 	emit dataUpdated(objectName(), data());
>
> in ExecutableContainer::finished

Aaron:

I made up what the correct way to implement a subclass of DataContainer was at
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdebase-workspace-
apidocs/libs/plasma/html/classPlasma_1_1DataContainer.html, based on reading
through what the code is, and I said that checkForUpdate() should be called,
rather than emitting dataUpdated directly.

Can you check that page and see what's incorrect, please?

Alex

--
Proud KDE hacker: http://www.kde.org
Get KDE 4.1 - out now!