Question about C++ vs. Python/Ruby/JS plasmoids

Paul B happysmileman at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 26 23:16:50 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 26 August 2008 22:02:02 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> not quite accurate; they do run in the pasma process but as they aren't
> running native code errors in them won't bring down the entire desktop.
> instead, these errors, or "crashes", are caught by the
> runtime/interpreter/vm and handled gracefully.

Well since that was my main point I suppose this discussion is basically over,
I did read somewhere a while ago (around the time of 4.0) that a C++ plasmoid
could bring down the desktop, I guess whoever said that was wrong or it's been
fixed since then.

And nice to know that it is safe to run C++ plasmoids, since I know much more
C++ than any scripting language.