Review Request: Transparent system tray icons

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:01:18 CEST 2008

Aaron Seigo wrote:
> i'm not sure it makes sense to backport this to 4.1: it's a visual issue, and in an applet that is notoriously flaky. with most of us on trunk/, it's probably better to leave as-is.

The changes required to fix the issue are pretty much identical between
the rewrite and the existing code. Once the code in the rewrite is
matured, it's not much work to get that portion back into the 4.1 code.
Also, any bug reports that come via 4.1 regarding it will also affect trunk.

> for 4.2, i'd rather see the new systray widget working and in trunk instead of continuing to spend time resources on this one.

I'm fine  both with back porting it or with leaving it up to those
distros that want to back port it. Best in my mind would be to just go
with the rewrite in trunk for the time being. Once that code has settled
down, what should be done will probably be more a bit more obvious. :)

--
Jason Stubbs