Plasma's Drag and Drop handling

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 21 10:48:33 CEST 2008

On Thursday 21 August 2008, Ivan Čukić wrote:
> I propose to add a way of handling all mime types as the mime type for
> applets is handled. So, for example, if the user selects text from an
> editor and starts dragging, he or she should be able to drop it onto the
> desktop (for example to create a notes applet).

right, this just means adding another branch to Containment::dropEvent after
the } else if (KUrl::List::canDecode(event->mimeData())) { line.

let's see .. *taps away* yes, not hard to do.

the problem, however, is that applets do not expect a blob of data in memory,
but a file on disk. which, i suppose, means we'll have to either create the
temporary file in that method ourselves or expect applets to deal with memory
blobs as well. i like the former.

p.s. i've added your Other Email Address to the acceptable addresses, so you
won't get caught accidently in the moderation queue anymore =)

humru othro a kohnu se