[nepomuk-kde] Some clarifications with nepomuk integration

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 21 07:26:28 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 20 August 2008, you wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> >> And, Location awareness be implemented in a separate library ( ? ) and
> >> plasma::Context will also be one of the consumers of it.
> >
> > right; the library most likely to be used right now for this is geoclue.
>
> Well, I was actually talking of adding a wrapper to geoclue instead of
> accessing it directly. As that would allow us the flexibility for
> future extensions and maybe the possibility to swap the entire geoclue
> for something better (if needed ! )

that would be fine; for plasma i was just going to wrap it behind
Plasma::Context as i don't have the time to do a full on wrapper lib for
geoclue.

fortunately it looks pretty easy: there are really only three data outputs
from geoclue right now, and we probably don't care much about one of them for
Context (velocity).

in plasma we will want the ability to get both the "raw" information (city,
country, long/lat) as well as some useful mappings such as timezone (should
hopefully be able to map locality -> timezone?) ...

humru othro a kohnu se