Grouping Taskbar update

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 17:11:11 CEST 2008

On Monday 11 August 2008, christian mollekopf wrote:
> Hi,I was just writing a text about the current progress in the
> GroupingTaskbar and then pressed a key by accident or what ever, but it
> ended in my browser changing the website and my text on hotmail was lost
> =(. Since i don't have the time write it again heres the short version:The
> GroupingTaskbar is partly functional with alphaSorting and grouping by
> programname.The manual stuff works more or less unless the desktop gets
> changed but this is already in progress.The program structure is now much
> cleaner and i'm quite happy with it exept that the TaskGroup calls the
> SortingStrategy itself which isn't that nice.Feel free to try it out the
> code is in http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/plasma-groupingtaskbar/I
/me really lazy but today finally managed to try it:
i quite like it, i think it doesn't miss too much to be put back in trunk,
just few things, like being able to group again once the group has been
expanded and curing the regressions on painting (like svgs with wrong size
after desktop change)

so people will actually test it more, when you're back as soon as you feel
ready /me votes for merge :) (a while ago was talking with nuno of a possible
new look but i will resist until the merge is done :) )

Cheers,
Marco Martin