KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/systemtray

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 17:36:24 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 06 August 2008 00:15:23 JST, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 August 2008, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> > Presumably, Qt is filling in a background for them before paintEvent()
> > based on the regular double buffering / alien widget stuff that
> > QX11EmbedContainer doesn't get to join in on. If this presumption is
> > correct, it's only logical that the icons don't appear while the panel is
> > in config mode.
>
> that would actually fix the "i can't easily move the system tray" bug. i'm
> not sure we should try to fix it. ;)

I'm not sure what you mean by this... With the view to commit, I just tried
out the behaviour of Qt::AA_DontCreateNativeWidgetSiblings and found that the
repositioning widget sits _under_ the icons. However, I don't recall it being
like that with 4.4.0. I didn't configure the panel much though...

So is it just my memory failing me or was the system tray _always_ on top to
begin with? If it was on top of the respositioning widget even with 4.4.0, I
can get the same behaviour with only hacks to the systemtray applet rather
than putting some strange (commented) code into plasmaapp.cpp.

--
Jason Stubbs