Feature request: using folderview widget in the panel bar

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 5 23:31:48 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 05 August 2008, Loïc Marteau wrote:
> about that is it relevant to make folderview act as a popupApplet ?
>
> I can try to work on this if you think it is a good idea

sure =) well.. sort of. i don't know that PopupApplet is the right choice
here.

personally, this is one case where i don't feel it makes much sense to show
the same interface as on the desktop in a popup just because it's in the
panel.

in the panel, a menu more like the quickbrowser in kicker (a cascading menu)
probably makes more sense?

humru othro a kohnu se