Fwd: [ANN] QEdje 0.1

Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Tue Aug 5 01:13:58 CEST 2008

Hi Zack !

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Zack Rusin <zack at kde.org> wrote:
> One thing I was wondering about is how's the performance looking? Evas is
> really a raster canvas, while all of graphics in Qt (and as a result
> QGraphicsView) are really more vector graphics oriented. While we did add
> tons of optimizations for purely raster paths, I'd be interested in knowing
> the performance difference between Evas's Edje and QEdje.
>
> Also one of the blogs mentioned that there were performance problems with QGV,
> did you ever get some profile data on that to see where the time was spent?

 We plan to show some graphs and profile results during our talk at
akademy. We did tests with QGV, QPainter, Evas...

> Oh, and I took a quick look at qzioncanvas and have a few small tips:

 That's great, we need a lot of them!! You're all invited to take a
look on the code and suggest modifications!
  It looks like that we'll need to redo some graphs and profiles ;-)

Cheers!

Artur Duque de Souza
OpenBossa Research Labs
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia