Notify applet borders issue

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 12:41:11 CEST 2008

Hi guys!

At the moment I consider Notify applet to be in usable state and I want to
move it to kdebase (through kdereview) as Aaron suggested once.... But!

There's one issue that I want to solve before doing this.
As I figured out - it's difficult to catch all people that I want on irc, and
often they're busy with smth other, so I'll just write to the ML :)

Thing is that with current state of things (that came to applet from ruphy's
great mockup), bottom border of each notification is painted w/o roundish
edges. This gives a "stacked" look to the bunch of notifications and is
generally nice, but it works only in special cases:

1. Panel is 100% width
2. Panel is at bottom

Otherwise it looks not very nice:
When 1. is not in place, you can see what happens here:
http://s58.radikal.ru/i162/0808/93/bc2797ab934b.png

When panel is not at bottom things look weird too:
http://s52.radikal.ru/i138/0808/71/6900ef2a4391.png

I have the only idea on how to fix that - make *each* notification have all
borders rounded. But this would mean:

- all notifications won't look as a single stack of widgets - they'll look
independent
- whole thing won't look like it's united,merged with panel (like it is now -
because no bottom borders are drawn)

I don't know if these are fatal things or not.

I would be grateful for any input/advice/mockups as i'm kinda stuck on what to
do with these issues.

Cheers,
Dmitry.