Phonon's backends to JACK.

aCOSwt acoswt at orange.fr
Sat Jun 11 21:59:22 CEST 2011

On Saturday 11 June 2011 18:58:54 Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and aCOSwt at 11/06/11 14:32 did gyre and gimble:
> > Well well... Some help would be... hmmm... helpful !
>
> Just use PulseAudio and it's module-jack-sink.
>
> This allows all backends to output to Jack.
>
> Col
Thank you Colin  for answering.
Thanks now to Michael Palin...
<<Well well... Is there anybody else I could talk to ?>>

I am aware of and appreciate the hard work you personally achieved so that...
<< KDE + PulseAudio != Sucks >>

Nevertheless... Are you seriously suggesting I should cascade 3 sound servers
?
If, apart from xine's backend, it comes as being the only possible solution
then I think I'd rather select the Alsa !default output and route this to Jack
thanks to the snd_aloop driver as I already do with flash, skype and other
Jack unaware thingies.

Respectfully,

aCOSwt