[GSoC] PCM I/O API for Phonon

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Sat May 22 15:12:40 CEST 2010

On Saturday 22. May 2010 14.47.16 Colin Guthrie wrote:
>  From my perspective, I could offload this capability to the PulseAudio
> sample cache system. This will allow the fastest possible "playback" of
> these samples when used with a PA-compatible backend which is obviously
> desirable.

Ah, the PulseAudio sample cache system seems about like what I was thinking
Ian meant.

How is memory usage, though, with your average sound theme?

Also, just making MediaObject read in the file and passing it through a
bytestream is pretty easy too. Maybe as a fallback if PulseAudio isn't
availble?

--
Martin T. Sandsmark