[GSoC] PCM I/O API for Phonon

Michael Forney mforney at mforney.org
Tue May 18 23:08:05 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

My name is Michael Forney, and I am a student studying Electrical
Engineering and Computer Science at UC Berkeley. I will be working on a
low-level PCM I/O API for Phonon this summer.

This project will give Phonon the capability to work with raw audio
streams. I aim to provide support for this API in both the VLC and Xine
backends, giving priority to VLC. This should make developing audio
processing applications with Phonon much easier.

I will be sharing my progress on this project on my blog at:
http://tridactyla.org/tags.html#gsoc2010

Also, I have created a wiki page for my project at:
http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2010/PCM_IO_API_(Phonon)

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments. I am
looking forward to an exciting summer :)

--
Michael Forney <mforney at mforney.org>