Phonon

Martin Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Tue Jul 27 12:34:23 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 08:49:29AM +0100, Craig Thomas wrote:
> Well latest version of Phonon-VLC from Git acquired, and installed.
> (Note to self, when testing surround make sure the other channels are not
> muted in alsa, half an hour of my life i'm not getting back)

Hehe. :-)

> Does anyone have any overall diagrams of the phonon-vlc, backend and where
> it sits in phonon/how its interfaced?

There is some documentation here:
http://gitorious.org/phonon/phonon/trees/master/phonon/DESIGN

And some more information here:
http://phonon.kde.org/cms/1024

But the best is simply to read the code (documentation tends to get outdated).
I don't think it should be overly complicated, and just ask if you have
specific questions about any part of it!

--
Martin Sandsmark
IT-Komiteen, Samfundet