Phonon has moved to git

Parker Coates parker.coates at kdemail.net
Tue Feb 16 18:50:52 CET 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:30, Martin Sandsmark wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 February 2010 16:01:12 David Jarvie wrote:
>> If kdesupport modules are going to start being removed from SVN, what will
>> be the mechanism in future for people to ensure they download and build
>> all the correct up-to-date support modules for building KDE trunk? Will
>> there be any substitute for a simple kdesupport 'svn up', will it be
>> documented on techbase, or what?
>
> I assume you will use the same method as you do for all other dependencies for
> KDE that are not in kdesupport.

Generally, with non kdesupport dependencies, one can rely on distro
packages because we don't require the latest and greatest development
versions. If KDE trunk is going to depend on unreleased or very
recently released versions of Phonon, then it is indeed a major
deviation for your average KDE devs as it adds another trunk to
follow.

Parker