[GSoC] Phonon Capture API

Casian Andrei skeletk13 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 11:35:02 CEST 2010

Hello,

Here are the results of my work for this SoC:

The capture API is simple and effective, in my opinion. Please tell me about
any remaining mistakes.

The Phonon capture works with V4L with Phonon-VLC, and ALSA should also work
where it works with VLC. It doesn't work on my system, probably because the
strange configuration with Pulse and stuff. I will try and investigate what
happens. Anyway, all the debug from Phonon and Phonon-VLC looks ok.

AvCapture is implemented in the experimental Phonon-VLC.

Most of the things in Phonon-VLC are now documented.

I had to do some small modifications to the KDE platform plugin and daemon
module. I will attach the diff. The base directory is
KDE/kdebase/runtime/phonon

Here are the links for the merge requests (note that their description is a
bit outdated):
http://www.gitorious.org/phonon/phonon/merge_requests/14
http://www.gitorious.org/phonon/phonon-vlc/merge_requests/9

There is more to be done, and I will continue working this autumn. The
priorities are capture for Windows and Mac, and these should be easy to
implement.

My IRC nick is skelet.

Best regards,
Casian