[phonon-mplayer] mplayer hang will also hang VideoPlayer

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:43:18 CEST 2010

Hi

Could you provide MPlayer log, it might help to see what is going on.
About MPlayer locking the drawing window of your application, this can
be verified by changing method MPlayerProcess::start() and disable the
following lines:
args << "-wid";
args << QString::number((qint64) _mediaData.videoWidgetId);
inside file http://gitorious.org/phonon/phonon-mplayer/blobs/master/mplayer/libmplayer/MPlayerProcess.cpp

Parameter -wid gives the window ID where MPlayer should paint the
video. No -wid parameter no MPlayer painting :) (the video still will
be played it just disable the video output)

Keep in mind MPlayer runs inside an independant QProcess (see
MyProcess.cpp and MPlayerProcess.cpp)

--
Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com>
+33 6 68 42 70 24