MPlayer direct3d video output driver under Windows XP

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:28:23 CET 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> If you have some time, the best is to get in touch with Georgi Petrov,
> the developer of the direct3d driver and try to help him to fix it.
>
> Here is a copy of our conversation and its mail address.
>
> Meanwhile I integrate your patch

Thx~

ohohoh , In fact I mean the "phonon" ds9 backend. It is not related to
MPlayer. Sorry for misleading information.

>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>> Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff at gmail.com>
>> +33 6 68 42 70 24
>>

> Hi,
>
> I'm happy you point out these problems. Of course I'll do everything
> possible to help you fix them.
>
> I'll have a trip to Germany this week between Wednesday and Sunday and
> I won't be able to reply or provide any help during this period, but
> in the beginning of the next week, I'll look into the problem and help
> fixing it.
>
> The Direct3D driver is written to be agnostic of particular Windows
> version and it should work the same way under Windows 98 - Windows 7
> in case they have Direct3D 9 runtime installed and video card with D3D
> support + suitable drivers is present. Of course this is sometimes too
> good to be true ;)
>
> Can you please provide the following information:
> * which Direct3D runtime is installed (earlier Windows before SP1 or
> SP2 for example come with Direct3D 8.1, but I may be wrong)

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

> * What is the video card

Mobile Intel (R) 945GM Express Chipset Family

> * Does the video card use the Microsoft provided display driver with
> Windows (still vendor-specific) or a newer vendor driver is installed?
> And what version.

In fact , it is a Thinkpad X60 machine with driver provided by Intel.

Driver version : 6.14.10.4450

> I'll help you work out the problems. Some older video cards don't
> support Direct3D unfortunately. I ran across at least 2 laptops, which
> weren't able to expose enough features to the D3D API layer in order
> to use them for playback purposes. Otherwise they did appear to
> "support" D3D :(
>
> I can reply until tomorrow evening. Please, feel free to ask more questions!
>
> I forgot - I need the MPLayer SVN version you use (as older ones
> contain broken versions of the driver), as well as full output when
> run with "-v" option. Thanks.

MPlayer version is r28311

Morever, I have attached the whole log for your reference.

Thanks!