[Phonon-Mplayer] No video shown when using with QGraphicsProxyWidget

Tanguy Krotoff tkrotoff at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 21:37:06 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Martin Sandsmark
<sandsmark at samfundet.no> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 09:03:37PM +0200, Tanguy Krotoff wrote:
>> Don't they help for the backends they have written? (GStreamer,
>> DirectShow, QT...)
>
> Apparently not. I haven't even seen bugfixes from them (they might be doing
> it only in their own repo though, which is wrong, I haven't checked there in
> a while).

So I guess there is a high probability they drop Phonon for Qt
Mobility multimedia in the future
http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-mobility/multimedia

I've checked the source code and I think they try to solve too many
problems (playlist file parsing .m3u, playlist model...)