[Phonon-Mplayer] No video shown when using with QGraphicsProxyWidget

Ben Lau xbenlau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 19:39:46 CEST 2009

Hi ,

   I would like to try to embed an video widget in QGraphicsView and
use phonon mplayer (r1034262) to show it.  But no video was shown (I
can hear the audio)  and I tried to google it around and found such
issue:

No video shown when using in a QGraphicsProxyWidget
http://code.google.com/p/phonon-vlc-mplayer/issues/detail?id=18

  The solution mentioned in the reply can not solve my issue. Anybody
else is working on it?

Testing code:
http://code.google.com/p/phonon-vlc-mplayer/source/browse/trunk/tests/qgraphicsproxywidget

  I have tried to work out a solution. Firstly , I found that the size
of video widget do not set automatically.
MPlayerVideoWidget::updateVideoWindow() will set the _videoLayer
object to (0,0,0,0). It can be solved by set the min size of video
widget. Example:

   videoWidget->setMinimumSize(640,480);

  Then the video will be shown , but not on top , it is covered by the
QGraphicsView itself . I can only see the border is changing. I have
no idea how to solve it yet.. (See attached screenshot and source
code)