about MediaSource::Empty

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Thu Nov 12 00:05:09 CET 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 23:55:50 Luc Menut wrote:
> Yes, for Mandriva 2010.0, we use these 2 patches:
> https://bzattachment.mandriva.com/attachment.cgi?id=15401
> https://bzattachment.mandriva.com/attachment.cgi?id=15402
>
> as we were near the final release and I didn't know precisely what
> should be done by the backend with MediaSource::Empty, I tried to fix
> the bug without too much changes, to avoid the regressions.

Understandable. But, did you make sure that the second patch does not break
other backends? Before, backends could safely assume that stop would not get
called if the MediaSource is Empty. Now they get a call to stop.

At least you have to test with the xine backend, which frees the xine_stream_t
on Empty... I hope I safeguarded it correctly. But it was never tested.

Regards,
	Matthias