xine backend equalizer plugin [patch] [resend 2]

Artur Szymiec artur.szymiec at gmail.com
Thu May 21 22:26:17 CEST 2009

Dnia 2009-05-21, czw o godzinie 14:57 -0500, Ian Monroe pisze:

> > Regarding use of xine_internal.h - I'll review it asap and let you know.
>
> Well that was mostly an example. Like the Amarok 1.4 visualizations
> rely on a custom xine plugin that would've had to be rewritten if Xine
> ever made a new major release (not sure how likely that is).
>
> Ian

Well I understand your point of view - but as I said xine devel is more
like crouching tiger :)
The next 1.2 series development branch looks like DNF story ... it will
not come out soon.
If the xine 1.2 series will introduce a new API it will anyway break the
phonon compatibility.
I think the phonon itself was introduced to give a top level apps (KDE
in whole) a nice way to
handle multimedia processing independent from lower layers.
Anyway somebody on the low level of phonon dev will have to keep an eye
on the backend
(xine or gstreamer)  changes to keep it running.
>From my side I can assure that if this equalizer will become a part of
phonon and eventually Amarok will made an use of
it - I'll keep it up to date as long as I can - Love Amarok ! - with an
equalizer :))

I removed the xine_internal.h dependency from patch - but for instance
kvolumefader plugin use it
also. Please find a corrected patch in attachment.

Best regards

Artur

Omnes Vulnerant Postuma Necat ...
Registered User No 397465
GNU/Linux Linux 2.6.28-12-generic x86_64
(K)/(U)buntu 9.04