KIOMediaStream help wanted

Pier-Olivier Thibault pothibo at gmail.com
Sun May 3 07:35:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have been playing around with DragonPlayer's source code and I found out
that when using other protocol beside HTTP, there was a kio job launched for
it. KIOMediaStream is used to upload the video and then pass the file back to
the MediaObject object.

Now, I have been having some issues with this KIOMediaStream object for
several reasons. (Please consider I'm not a good C++ coder so there might be
some solutions that I haven't come accross).

When dragonplayer's loading the url, it gets the mimetype then automatically
loads the video, which is bad when working with internet streaming videos.

Now, since KIOMediaStream has no signals emitted when different actions are
happening, it's very hard for me to get some control over the content once the
MediaSource::setCurrentSource() is passed.

Then, MediaSource has a method named stream() which returns the pointer of the
AbstractMediaStream, I have tried using it but it seems that when you pass an
url to MediaSource, it doesn't udpate the object to becoming a stream type.
(Type() method always return an url and the stream doesn't seem to be active.

So is there any solution to get some control over the stream (signals
preferably. This way, it would avoid me to subclass existing concepts..)

Thanks!

Pier-Olivier Thibault