DVD Menu API

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Sun Mar 16 00:54:41 CET 2008

I'm looking into creating adding a method to MediaController that
opens the DVD menu screen (that screen that says stuff like "Play
Movie", "Select Language" etc).

Mathias and I are not sure how flexible the API needs to be since
we're not sure how DVD menus work. Like Xine lets you select menu's
1-7.

I'm kind of leaning towards just having a openMenu() method. So for
phonon-xine would be menu1, which brings you to the main DVD menu
which is probably the only menu of any value really. This method could
be overloaded later if people want more features.

Anyways I was thinking perhaps folks familiar with other APIs might
have some ideas on this topic.

Thanks,
Ian