回复: The Phonon Backend Development.

启宇 黄 cheeray_7 at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Jul 25 07:47:23 CEST 2008

Hi, Monroe

Thanks for your help.

"Bellagio uses gstreamer ?  "
Bellagio is a media framework abiding by <<OpenMax IL Spec.>>.
Its position and function in application development is like Gstreamer, I think.

The web sites http://www.khronos.org/openmax/  & http://omxil.sourceforge.net/
have more introductions to Bellagio.

There are two questions I have had until now ( in Gstreamer backend ) :

1.  In the source of Gstreamer backend, some bins are created in "mediaobject :: createPipeline" ,
     and another is created in "AudioOutput::AudioOutput". How does the "createPath" link the two parts?

2. The Bellagio uses the multi-thread technology( pthread ). When an application is developed
    with Bellagio APIs, you should call some APIs to process the threads. But I find that
    it isn't compatible with Qt framework, when I add the APIs into Phonon source.
    Why is the Gstreamer so compatible with Qt ?  The reason maybe Gstreamer using the
    "g_signal" is similar to Qt "signal/ slot ". Is that right ?

I read the source of phonon about three weeks, and make a superfical porting.
Just add the Bellagio APIs  to class MediaObject's constructor,destructor,
createPipeline,and setState. It can play an audio file now. But this poring breaks
the Qt, Phoon framwork. That isn't the result I want.

Thanks,
Cheeray.