Fwd: Ipod Being Accessed Unnecessarily?

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Jul 15 19:08:31 CEST 2008

On Sunday 13 July 2008 23:27:32 Ian Monroe wrote:
> Basically the question is: does phonon-xine work all that differently
> then the Amarok 1.4 backend (which was a very simple xine client
> implementation)?

It might be that there are subtle differences, but I can't imagine any that
would have this effect. To find the cause you could try to play the files with
xine-ui, kaffeine and e.g. dragonplayer. If it indicates that phonon-xine is
the problem then perhaps strace would be the best tool to find out what
happens...

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de