API

Richard richardmg at trolltech.com
Tue Jul 10 14:28:32 CEST 2007

> Could it be a property of the MediaSource?
>
> source.setPreRoll(false); //defaults to true

Since playback functionallity is located in MediaObject, I think it
makes most sense to add it there.

The reason I think this should be more in the control of the user, is
for situations where you stream media over a network. Then you might
need control over when the preroll occurs to e.g hold back playback
until you can 'safely' play without stuttering (and show some
progress indication of the time left before play).
(But preroll includes network streaming, right? Or is that a part of
some other concept...)

> It's scheduled for gapless playback anyway...

perhaps the user don't want to start preroll streaming while the
current media is playing/streaming...
(I'm only thinking loudly...)

-Richard