VideoWidget API

Richard richardmg at trolltech.com
Tue Jul 10 12:51:19 CEST 2007

> Hmm, I'd rather see the developer do it by replacing the
> videowidget with a
> widget showing something else (e.g. using QStackedWidget: a logo on
> stop).

I tought about that as well, a solution that comes for free with much
more flexibility. But it also adds slightly more code complexity on
the user if he only wants the movie not to show when stopped.

If we go with that solution, I think it would be the best that both
the first frame and the last frame stays since the user can cover the
movie himself with a different widget if he whiches otherwise.

-Richard

> I have a patch from a Kaffeine developer that adds a function to get a
> screenshot of the video. That could perhaps be extended to be able
> to show
> one of the first frames before the video playback is started.
>
> e.g.
>
> videoWidget->requestScreenShot();
>
> void MyPlayer::screenShotReady(const QImage &image)
> {
>   staticImageWidget->setPixmap(QPixmap::fromImage(image));
>   videoStackWidget->setCurrentWidget(staticImageWidget);
> }
>
> --

Richard Moe Gustavsen
Software Engineer II, Trolltech ASA