API

Richard richardmg at trolltech.com
Tue Jul 10 11:51:04 CEST 2007

Is there functionallity for prerolling media in phonon?

If not, I would suggest the possibility of supporting this with e.g
the method:
bool MediaObject::preRollMedia(qint64 startTime = 0, float
playbackRate = 1.0f);

...and then a signal:
MediaObject::mediaPreRolled(float percentage);
...That lets the user monitor the progress.

BTW: I connot find any notion of playback rate either, except in the
experimental files (videodataoutput). Perhaps we should add this
somewhere. In QuickTime you can have negative playback rate, meaning
the movie will play backwards ;)

-Richard