[Parley-devel] extraction of wiktionary data

Ben Reynwar ben at reynwar.net
Sat May 7 23:14:20 CEST 2011

Hi Parley developers,

I'm playing with extracting data from wiktionary, currently from the
german site (https://github.com/benreynwar/wiktionary-parser/).

It's not so far along yet, but almost far enough along for creating
some useful kvtml2 data sets.  For example I could create a german ->
german-definition set.

The parser is in python and there is an example showing roughly how
things work in wiktionary-parser/examples/get_words.py.

I saw that you guys had something similar but as far as I could tell
it just did the english-german translations without associated gender,
plural and other fun information.

What would be useful to me at the moment is an .kvtml2 file with an
example of a noun, verb and adjective or something like that.  I've
been browsing the parley german sets but most of them don't seem to
have much of the associated grammatical information associated with
them so I don't want to use them as templates.  Does such an example
exist?

Cheers,
Ben