[Parley-devel] parley patch, brackets and commas/separators extension

Markus Feldmann feldmann_markus at gmx.de
Wed Jun 22 18:17:46 CEST 2011

Hi All,

i have a patch which extends parley. I still discussed this with
Frederik Gladhorn, but he has limited time for reviewing and contribute
my patch to parley.

Features are:
+expressions in brackets will be treated as optional
+expressions with commas will be converted to a StringList
     +each string in this StringList can be checked for correctness

Example:
german - portugese
"Tennisspieler, Tennisspielerin" - "(o, a) tenista"

When you make a written test from german to portguese you will be asked
for the portugese translation. Right answers would be now:
["o tenista", "a tenista", "tenista"]

Further complex Example:
"{1, 2} word1, word2 [1, 2] word3, word4(1,2)"

The List with the correct answer would contain now:
["1 word1", "2 word1","word1", "word2 1 word3", "word2 2 word3", "word4
1", "word4 2", "word4"]

I hope someone can review my patch? (I send a patch with this mail, i
hope it works)
Further on i need to know which test schould also be applied with my
functions?

There is a checkbox under the extended Options which toggles this
feature, called "Enable Separator+Bracket Extension".

regards Markus