[Parley-devel] feedback 0.9.4

Juergen :-) b4tasttd at auroville.org.in
Thu Oct 14 11:43:44 CEST 2010

Dear Parley development team,

with my upgrade to Maverick I got a new Parley. Thank you very much!
Here are some feedback that might interest you.

My feedback about the appearance of the new Parley is positive. It feels
more modern, the user interface is clear.

I like the separation of the actual training and the maintenance of the
vocabulary.

I like the new “Your practise results” window.

To practise one has still to press 2 times the practise button. This has
been under discussion since some time.

I assume that most users will not use Parley on their cell phones and I
am wondering why the fonts in the actual training windows as well a in
the conjugation window (when one enters new conjugations) are tiny.

Parley has a setting to choose fonts and size but why are those not
applied to this two places. It makes learning more tiresome as the fonts
are small. Look around and see how many people above 45 can use a
computer without using stronger and stronger reading glasses. Are you
one of them :-) ?

I am happy about this new version however until bug 253948 is addressed
I can't use it. I have a vocabulary file with 2500 words from level 1 to
level 7 and Parley carefully configured which level to block and expire
and which words to suggest to repeat. Now if I use the new 0.9.4 any
time I answer a word wrong it goes down to level 1 and my learning
statistics of almost 3 months down the drain. This bugs renders parley
for me unusable at the moment. I installed Lucid again and use 0.9.3
until this severe bug is fixed.

Be at peace and in harmony.
Juergen