[Parley-devel] Possible bug in Parley plasmoid?

Logan Sorenson logan.sorenson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 04:21:22 CET 2010

Hi,

I don't know if this is a known issue or not, but I noticed that if I
have multiple Parley plasmoids on my desktop, the settings seem to get
mixed between the two instances. I.e., if I change the kvtml file in
one plasmoid, the change is partially propagated to the other
plasmoid, but the language settings do not always correspond.

I'm running version 4.3.4-1 of Parley in Debian SID. I tried examining
the source package and was able to build Parley and the plasmoid from
source and run it with plasmoidviewer. It looks like the issue is
probably with the KConfig handling, although I am not that familiar
with the KDE libraries and it appears like everything should work from
the code and according to this blog per-instance configs should work
okay [1].

If this is an already known issue, sorry for the noise. If not, should
I report it to bugs.kde.org?

Best regards,
Logan Sorenson

[1] http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2007/12/birthing-plasmoids.html

P.S., thank you very much for Parley and other KDE software!