[Parley-devel] Interest in improving parley with voice for vocabularies

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Wed Mar 25 21:40:59 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 13:47:08 Eitzenberger Thomas wrote:
> Hi Frederik,
>
> Glad to hear this :O)
>
> I volunteer for the fetch script. Can it be in python ? or which language
> is preferred (I ma a multilang dev) Is there any draft avail, and if where
> ? Is there an introduction document available ?
>
> best regards ET

The example scripts come with the source code and indeed are in python, it is
possible to use javascript or ruby also.

What you need is essentially the script itself and a .desktop file so it's
found as plugin.
Have a look at kdeedu/parley/plugins, especially google_images.*.
You can come api documentation here:
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdeedu-apidocs/parley/html/namespaceScripting.html

I'd suggest writing a script that can find the right wiki page and parse it
for links to the ogg files.
After that step it should be easy to add this url to the vocabulary or
download the file (the image script downloads the file and sets up the link).
If you need help with the script interface just let us know, Avgoustinos and I
will hopefully be able to answer your questions :)
Also since the scripting interface is rather new, we should be able to tweak
it if you find problems with the api.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards,
Frederik