[Parley-devel] printing the vocabs

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Sun Mar 22 16:59:48 CET 2009

Hi Avi,

On Thursday 12 March 2009 19:55:21 Avi Gozolchiani wrote:
> hello, I've been using kvoctrain for some time, and I've recently
> explored parley. I like them both generally. But I find it hard to print
> vocabularies in both programs. specifically parley insists on printing
> one lesson a time. I consider this to be quite a big pitfall because
> part of the learning, for me, is just reading the words while traveling
> in bus/train.

with a recent version of Parley (KDE 4.2) you can export all your vocabulary
files to HTML. You can choose to have either flashcards or a list.
That should make printing very easy.
Since Parley uses XSLT to transform the XML to HTML it is even pretty easy to
change the way the result looks.
You can find the xslt files in your KDE dir:
kde/share/apps/parley/xslt/*.xsl

Greetings,
Frederik