[Parley-devel] Stand-alone Parley

Frederik Gladhorn gladhorn at kde.org
Sun Jan 18 20:22:54 CET 2009

Hi Tomas,

On Sonntag 18 Januar 2009 18:51:05 Tomas Valusek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed KDE for Windows and Parley is the only app keeping me from
> unsinstalling it.
That's great to hear!

> Is it possible to get stand-alone Parley without the
> unnecessary KDE staff? Parley is part of kdeedu package, but I need just
> Parley, since it became my vocabulary practicing tool of choice.
I doubt at the moment that would work.
You could try to contact the kde on windows developers (windows at kde.org).
The problem is not of purely technical nature, but the windows team is rather
small, and splitting up all of kde is quite difficult, since resolving the
dependencies are not easy to get right.
This is planned in the long run as far as I know.
I do not have a windows machine, so I cannot say anything definitive.
For now you'll probably have to live with kdeedu and kdelibs at least.

Greetings,
Frederik