[Parley-devel] Feature Requests

Andreas Burger a.burger at bin-ich-jesus.de
Thu Oct 23 14:43:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

i've used KVocTrain for some days now, to learn french vocabulary. I've
updated to Ubuntu 8.10 some days ago, which is just shipping parley as an
replacement for KVocTrain. That's just fine, but I'm missing some features
 from KVocTrain:

   * Easy adding of synonyms, "Lautschrift" (I don't know the english
expression, it's the way you write down how words sound like), and all
other information you could add to an entry easily. Maybe it's just me not
liking the new system, but e.g. for synonyms, you can just choose them
 from the same lesson. That's a annoying limitation.

   * Mixed excercising. I don't just want to train to translate one
language into the other. I like the idea of randomly switching from- and
to-language from word to word while excercising.

   * Beeing able to open more than one document at once would also be
great. So I don't have to change files, when changing the language I'm
working on. The "Lessons" list is already a tree-Element (limited to two
levels), why limit that? Files could be listet in level 0, and even
lessons could be ordered in a deeper hirarchical structure.

If you've got any questions or think I can help on any of these points,
don't hestitate to mail me.

And thank you for writing both KVocTrain and Parley, those programs do
help me a lot!

Best regards,
Andreas Burger