[Parley-devel] Improved table export

Daniel Laidig d.laidig at gmx.de
Sun Jun 1 19:10:24 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just committed some major changes to the table XSLT stylesheet (r815391).

- You can now show/hide every column and not just the second one. The user
  interface has been improved and uses buttons instead of links.
- The default is to show everything. That way the possibility of interactive
  learning (or printing lists to fill out by hand) is still there but doesn't
  interrupt you if you just want to print a list.
- Interactive elements and the list of lessions will not be printed to save
  space. But it's possible to hide one column and then print a half empty
  table.
- I now use XHTML Strict and better HTML code. There are still some minor
  validation errors but I will try to find a way to fix them.
- Lots of spacing is removed, for example the print preview showed me 29 pages
  instead of 121.

I don't know if the reason for the huge spacing was to have space for a huge
handwriting, but I consider a compact printout as more important.

New export:
http://daniel-laidig.de/temp/2008/06/parley/en-basic-new.html

Old export:
http://daniel-laidig.de/temp/2008/06/parley/en-basic-old.html

XSLT:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeedu/parley/xslt/table.xsl?view=markup

I'd be happy to see comments or further improvements. One thing still left to
discuss is i18n for 4.2.

Daniel