[Parley-devel] visible columns options

Frederik Gladhorn frederik.gladhorn at gmx.de
Sat Jul 19 15:57:33 CEST 2008

Hey Javier,
thanks for your patch and welcome aboard!

On Friday 18 July 2008 18:04:22 Javier Goday wrote:
> Hi, i was trying parley to add some english-spanish translated words,
> and i wanted to show only the words columns in every language,
> so i had to select one to one the view->vocabulary columns items,
> it's a little uncomfortable, IMHO
Yes, this is really an itch to scratch, you're not alone with it.
Though it *should* only show the language columns by default, there is a qt
bug that will be fixed in qt 4.4.2 most likely that shows all columns when the
header is clicked with an empty table.

> i made a small patch to allow select the columns you want to show in the
> settings dialog for each language
>
> http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=columnsch0.png
>
> Maybe it's not a good idea, i don't know, and sure that the
> documentSettings it's not supposed to be used like that, but, anyway,
> here's my try.

I would love to have that dialog, but I think it would be nicer to have it in
the view menu as separate dialog - in addition to the menu, would that work?
The general settings are not document specific, so it doesn't belong there
imho.

View->Vocabuary Columns->Select Visible Columns or something like that. We
should probably find a better name for "Select Visible Columns".

Greetings,
Frederik

--
Frederik Gladhorn