Nominating a creative director

pinheiro nuno at oxygen-icons.org
Thu May 29 11:53:07 CEST 2008

A Thursday 29 May 2008 09:28:24, Kevin Ottens escreveu:
> Le Thursday 29 May 2008, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> > the creative director would take it upon themselves to:
> >
> > * ensure there is a defined visual goal. note that this is not
> > necessarily the same as defining it themself; they can (and should) make
> > it an effort that takes several voices into consideration
> >
> > * coordinate those working on art and those using it in the code
> >
> > * communicate regularly about what is happening
> >
> > * discover limitations put upon visual elements due to technical issues
> > (systray is a good example here) and either push at the technical
> > implementors (coders) or adjust the visual implementation (or both) to
> > achieve harmony
> >
> > * make the "hard" decisions when needed to avoid just discussing
> > different points of view without any final decision being made
> >
> > this is, as you can see, not about power at all but about coordination.
>
> And this is much more appropriate to our culture if the goals are defined
> this way.
>
> Just like Chani I found Riccardo's mails scary at best...
>
> Regards.

ok :) being honest heven I fond it a weeeee bit scary listening to the empire
songtheme in the back  :)......
But I think deep down what riccardo is saing is the same Aaron is just not so
well structured... So i propose the folowind convince Celleste to help me
and some others to create a small team that can do that aaron just
elaborated. I'm prety busy in KDE as is and taking this joob alone would be
prety hard specilay the documentation bit, (we all know my writen english
skils).

BTW aaron I'm taking some chairs on the local university about usability, it
seems I was needing those to do my other real life work :)

Nuno Pinheiro.
Civil engenier/icondesigner/uidesigner/OSS fan :)

--

core oxygen icon designer