KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/containments/folderview

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon May 26 20:21:47 CEST 2008

Answering just the relevant arrogant bits that doesn't force me to an
harsh answer...

On 5/26/08, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
>  > > what point someone thought that using a mostly black screen would be
>  > > something everyone would think is cool. this isn't a turtleneck sweater
>  > > and this isn't a beatnick party.
>  >
>  > Oh, please... you certainly haven't seen the theme yet,
>

> no, i haven't. which is pretty awesome. and by "awesome" i mean "yes, i love
>  the feeling of not knowing what it is i'll be presenting post 4.1 to people
>  as the look of plasma". the fact that i haven't raised any issues with this,
>  in spite of it being rather thoughtless, is because i do trust your ability
>  as *artists* ... now:

Oh, yes, you did. Nuno just told me. And you also said cool "for the
two seconds you looked at it".

[...]
> and yet i'm using the glassified theme which, lo! does work with all the
>  applets i have running including ones with heavy textual content.

Glassified is one of the worse theme I've ever seen. Probably only
"Perla negra" and "A pimp named slikeback" are worse.

If you want artists to stop contributing to plasma, this way of pissing off
people with arrogance is really the best attitude you can keep. I hope
you will be
more considerate in the future, and stop this totalitarian approach,
where you want
to impose your artistic idea at all costs. I really hate the kind of
behiavour you're having lately...

Oh, and, by the way, the current theme was designed for another layout
which never got implemented...

Bye,
-Riccardo
P.S. sorry for the tones a bit high, but since when I saw this mail I
got a bit upset....
--
GPG key:
3D0F6376